The diabetes education service employs credentialled diabetes educators, which have a nationally recognised qualification for the quality assured provision of diabetes self-management.
The Diabetes education service provides education and support for adults with Diabetes. The aim is to assist clients to self-manage their diabetes, by providing support, knowledge, skills and motivation.
The diabetes education service accepts referrals from general practitioners and other health care professionals. If making a referral on behalf of another please ensure you have their permission to do so.
Diabetes Education is available for:
- Management of Type 1, Type 2, Gestational and pre-diabetes (IGT)
- Blood Glucose monitoring and interpretation of blood glucose levels in relation to food, physical activity and medication
- Appropriate diet and lifestyle changes
- Referral to BCH Dietitians for individualised support with weight reduction
- Support with Continuous and Flash Glucose monitoring and Continuous Subcutaneous Insulin Infusion technologies
- People who are experiencing unstable blood glucose levels
- Changes in medications or beginning injections
- Complications Management
- Travel advice
People or children diagnosed with Diabetes. There is a small fee involved to attend the diabetes education service. This will be discussed with you when the referral coordinator contacts you by phone to get your details to admit you to the service.
|LOCATION||DAY OF WEEK||TIMES||CONTACT DETAILS|
|Cowes||Monday to Friday||9am to 5pm||03 5951 2100|
|Wonthaggi||Monday to Friday||9am to 5pm||03 5671 3920|
Schedule of Rates for Services Provided by Bass Coast Health 2021 - 2022
Note: Costs applicable from 01 July 2021 - 30 June 2022. Rates will then be reviewed and adjusted accordingly, as per the required fee schedule guidlelines from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.
|Service Type||Low Fee Concessional||Medium Fee||High Fee|
Full Cost Recovery (FCR)
(Including Home Care Packages)
|Diabetes Education||$10.20 per consultation (plus consumables)||$15.70 per consultation (plus consumables)||$94.98 per hour (plus consumables)|
$146.72 per hour (plus consumables)
As per relevant schedule for: