You need to have an appointment for all Telehealth sessions. Learn more
Download referral forms. Referrals
Speech Pathology at Bass Coast Health works with inpatients of the Wonthaggi Hospital and the outpatients of the preschool and post school age of the South Coast Region.
Speech Pathologists provide assessment, therapy and referral services for communication and swallowing difficulties.
Communication difficulties may be in the areas of:
- speech (how clear speech is)
- language (ability to formulate words or sentences and to understand what is said)
- reading and writing
- voice quality changes
- fluency (stuttering)
- hearing difficulties.
Swallowing difficulties may be in the areas of
- chewing and manipulating food or fluid in the mouth
- swallowing safely
- Difficulty communicating and / or swallowing can be due to things such as developmental delays, stroke, brain injuries, learning disability, intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, dementia and hearing loss.
Speech pathologists also work with Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC), devices that help people who find it difficult to speak or write to communicate more easily.
- Pre-schoolers and post school adults are eligible for outpatient’s services.
- School aged children access Speech Pathology via their school principal.
- Referrals for outpatients can be made by care providers, carers/parents, or self-referral.
Monday to Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm
Services are based at Wonthaggi however, sessions are arranged at these locations on an as needs basis:
- San Remo.
Contact for referrals or enquiries - Phone: (03) 5671 3343