The Stomal Therapy service is responsible for the care and education of individuals who are anticipating or have had surgery resulting in the creation of an abdominal stoma. An abdominal stoma acts as an opening for body waste such as urine and faeces to exit the body.
Stomal Therapy is available for:
- Management of all types of stomas
- Assistance with selection of appropriate stomal appliance/ pouch
- Techniques for applying pouch to stoma
- Family education
- Ensuring individuals with a stoma are able to enjoy a full family, social and working life
- Skin complaints
- Hernia management
- Dietary advice for individuals following stoma formation
- Learning how to order supplies from ostomy associations.
By appointment. The service accepts referrals from all health professionals. Individuals are also able to self-refer to the service. To make an appointment, email email@example.com
More information can be obtained by emailing:firstname.lastname@example.org
Home visits are available, as well as at Wonthaggi Hospital and Phlllip Island Health Hub.
Appointments available on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Schedule of Rates for Services Provided by Bass Coast Health 2021 - 2022
Note: Costs applicable from 01 July 2021 - 30 June 2022. Rates will then be reviewed and adjusted accordingly, as per the required fee schedule guidelines from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services.
|Service Type||Low Fee Concessional||Medium Fee||High Fee|
Full Cost Recovery (FCR)
(Including Home Care Packages)
|Stomal Therapy||$10.30 per consultation (plus consumables)||$15.60 per consultation (plus consumables)||$94.98 per hour (plus consumables)|
$146.72 per hour (plus consumables)
As per relevant schedule for: